Monday, September 7, 2009

A New Camera


So we went to Cabo last week and saw the hurricane 1st hand, which was pretty exciting. But this is the 1st time where I really wish I had another camera with me. Like I said, I love my camera. It is a great camera, but there were so many shots I just couldn't get with all the surfers and boogie boarders on the 3 break waves. I guess I was less regretful of having another camera because they closed the town early, so I only had shots from the day before the real "weather" started. I also have to consider that there was so much wind and water in the air, that I guess any camera would have not done very well. I had to hide my camera in a towel in between shots, and like I said, that was the day before it got really bad.

I think about being in the right place at the right time, in terms of catching great wave, surfer shots, and I've been in the right place at the right time . . twice now! The 1st was in Oahu in Dec. 2004 when the waves were record breaking. We didn't make it to the North Shore, so I didn't see what I was missing, but heard about it. Now, being in a hurricane area in Cabo, I have a few decent shots, but none that wow. There was no real damage to the town, so I have no good shots of the aftermath either. But I had thought I'd get at least enough great shots to add to my collection at art shows . . . but no such luck. So a new camera is coming sooner, rather than later, because I need to offer surf/surfer shots at my art shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage

Wedding & FAMILY PORTRAIT Photography Pricing Sheet

Wedding & FAMILY PORTRAIT Photography Pricing Sheet
Click on pricing sheet for LIMITED SPECIAL PRICING - SO-CAL WEDDINGS & see links below for wedding site profiles

My OneWed.com Profile

Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design

Desire Photographers? Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design is the leading choice. Visit Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design at OneWed.com & write a bridal review of this vendor.

Listing all your wedding is easy-peasy with OneWed's wedding timeline. Devise, edit and delegate tasks from choosing a florist to deciding on a gown.

MiNeeds.com - Wedding/Event Photography Profile

http://www.mineeds.com/Ventura/Denise-s-Creations-Photography

My BridalTweet.com Profile

http://www.bridaltweet.com/profile/DeniseSloan