Monday, August 24, 2009

Researching Cameras & Flash Photo Software

So I've been researching new cameras, as I need another. The Canon 5D Mark II is looking oh so fine, but the weight is my problem for most cameras. Most of my photographs are taken while traveling and to have a heavy camera and lens to carry around is not an option for me. With my fibromyalgia, I can't carry a purse around any more, without being in pain. A standard SLR camera and lens far outweighs a purse. Canon is also coming out with the more compact PowerShots (with built in lenses) with more features, but I still love my old Powershot Pro. It has been an amazing camera and I can capture great images on the go. I just can't get that quick shutter action I want. The ability to create amazing bokeh effects has been equally rewarding, as my photos are all about depth and dimension.

The next thing I've been researching is Flash software programs and websites that have flash built in, like SmugMug and Shutterfly Pro. I love every feature in SmugMug, but I don't like paying an extra 15% commission for reports, credit card processing, etc. I already print through Shutterfly and have been really happy with the photos, but their 15% commission fee also applies. Call me crazy, but I want to keep the money I earn for the photos I take. Then, for the best Flash based software programs I've found, there is always a feature missing that I like. So I am still undecided on what I want to use, but I know I need to make a decision, so I can re-vamp my website.

Decisions, decisions . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage

Wedding & FAMILY PORTRAIT Photography Pricing Sheet

Wedding & FAMILY PORTRAIT Photography Pricing Sheet
Click on pricing sheet for LIMITED SPECIAL PRICING - SO-CAL WEDDINGS & see links below for wedding site profiles

My OneWed.com Profile

Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design

Desire Photographers? Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design is the leading choice. Visit Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design at OneWed.com & write a bridal review of this vendor.

Listing all your wedding is easy-peasy with OneWed's wedding timeline. Devise, edit and delegate tasks from choosing a florist to deciding on a gown.

MiNeeds.com - Wedding/Event Photography Profile

http://www.mineeds.com/Ventura/Denise-s-Creations-Photography

My BridalTweet.com Profile

http://www.bridaltweet.com/profile/DeniseSloan