Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Marketing through other websites

So I have spent a great deal of time creating an Etsy.com shop - well actually 2 shops. One is for the art, photography, jewelry and everything else I make, called Denise's Creations. The other shop is is a bakery that I have created with my mom, called Denise's Delectables. I really wanted to name it after my mom, as her amazing baking experience far exceeds mine, but I couldn't think of anything edible that rhymed with Laura. Sorry mom!

You know, Etsy.com has gotten a great deal of buzz, and for good reason. Personally, I will pick handmade goods over store bought anytime. I am the kind of person who doesn't go to a chain store, unless necessary. Being an artist, I want to be working full time in my own business, so supporting others like me just makes sense.

I'll give another kudos to Etsy for being so visual in their marketing of their seller's items. There are dozens of ways to instantly see thousands of items. So sellers have a better chance at getting their products shown. It really is a great site and I hope all that sell on it, find it a rewarding experience.

For me, it is one more way to "live the dream" and do artistic and creative things as a living. For my mom, it is a way to get back to what she used to love doing, create really good, UNIQUE baked goods. Here's to a great start in our selling on Etsy.com mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage

Wedding & FAMILY PORTRAIT Photography Pricing Sheet

Wedding & FAMILY PORTRAIT Photography Pricing Sheet
Click on pricing sheet for LIMITED SPECIAL PRICING - SO-CAL WEDDINGS & see links below for wedding site profiles

My OneWed.com Profile

Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design

Desire Photographers? Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design is the leading choice. Visit Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design at OneWed.com & write a bridal review of this vendor.

Listing all your wedding is easy-peasy with OneWed's wedding timeline. Devise, edit and delegate tasks from choosing a florist to deciding on a gown.

MiNeeds.com - Wedding/Event Photography Profile

http://www.mineeds.com/Ventura/Denise-s-Creations-Photography

My BridalTweet.com Profile

http://www.bridaltweet.com/profile/DeniseSloan