Friday, April 24, 2009

Introduction

I worked in the Banking industry and did art shows part time, on weekends. But my desire has always been to do art, photography and wedding events on a full time basis. I have always been so busy with the full time job, to actually create art and have the time to market myself to galleries. I showed photography in Southern CA art shows in the beginning of the downturn several years ago and lost a great deal of money. But I had the full time job, so it wasn't a big deal. But it was never about the money. It was about meeting people and having people love my work and see places they've never seen before. It was about the endurance of working 45 hrs. per week and then spending 8 hours in the sun for a weekend art show, or event, which is exhausting, as you fellow art show artists and event photographers know. It was always about the love of art.

It's only just this recently, that I have been focusing on joining art networking sites and starting an Etsy.com shop, which has gotten the ball rolling to make me start creating art. I have a big project of updating my website from FrontPage to Dreamweaver, but I am so busy that I don't foresee that happening anytime soon. One more thing to add to the "things to do list" right?

So I have started this blog to showcase what I am currently working on and hope that this avenue gains me some more work, as I have many talents. I create acrylic, watercolor and pastel paintings, I have over 500 images from different places throughout the World, and probably 500 more I haven't added to my website yet, because I am planning on converting. I create mosaics, stained glass pieces, jewelry, cards, invitations, unique floral arrangements and anything that comes from inspiration. I do event and wedding photography and my photos have been in major publications, such as Santa Barbara Magazine and Coastal Woman Magazine (sorry to see it go with economic downturn). My photos have also been in the Santa Barbara Independent, CASA Magazine, The Montecito Journal and a few more I can't remember right now.

There is just so much I want to accomplish and I need to look at different ways to accomplish all of them. Art and helping people are my biggest passions and I want to be able to make a living out of one or the other - well actually both, but that's another story for later. I was a Dream Captain for the Dream Foundation and a Court Appointed Special Advocate for Santa Barbara County. I had to end those commitments to keep up with finding another job. I still volunteer for the Breast Cancer Resource Center of Santa Barbara, as I can't just not help people during my own trying times. Helping people also helps me cope with these trying times. This blog is one avenue to help me live my dreams and I hope you enjoy my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Collage by MyHeritage

Wedding & FAMILY PORTRAIT Photography Pricing Sheet

Wedding & FAMILY PORTRAIT Photography Pricing Sheet
Click on pricing sheet for LIMITED SPECIAL PRICING - SO-CAL WEDDINGS & see links below for wedding site profiles

My OneWed.com Profile

Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design

Desire Photographers? Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design is the leading choice. Visit Denise's Creations Photography, Floral Design & Jewelry Design at OneWed.com & write a bridal review of this vendor.

Listing all your wedding is easy-peasy with OneWed's wedding timeline. Devise, edit and delegate tasks from choosing a florist to deciding on a gown.

MiNeeds.com - Wedding/Event Photography Profile

http://www.mineeds.com/Ventura/Denise-s-Creations-Photography

My BridalTweet.com Profile

http://www.bridaltweet.com/profile/DeniseSloan